WHATS NEW FOR THE SEASON?
Big News! Talisker is out and Vail is in! That's right, Vail Resorts now operates Canyons.
If you ski multiple resorts a year this is HUGE since Canyons is now part of the EPIC pass. The Epic pass is probably one of the best ski lift pass deals in the industry. There are 25 resorts worldwide. Details can be found at www.epicpass.com
Prior to Vail taking over,Talisker made other improvements over the last few years. This includes:
- The gondola was moved 150 yards CLOSER to the condo. It is now right outside skier services by where the cabriolet empties into the courtyard.
- The Orange Bubble Lift was installed starting where the old gondola was located. It's orange, it's covered, the seats are heated and it increases uphill capacity by 45%.
- Iron Mountain recieved a new lift and 300 new acres of blue terrain. That brings the Canyons to 4000 acres!
- Snowmaking capacity was doubled with a new 20 million gallon reservoir! This makes chances for both early and late season skiing better.
- The terrain park was relocated off the Saddleback Express lift creating a huge 1.1 mile long park with over 50 cutting-edge features and over 9 massive jumps and a natural zone in the aspens.
- The Resort Village was redesigned by moving the gondola and eliminating a number of old buildings. This allowed the creation of a massive SKI BEACH which features sun lounges, fire pits and food kiosks.
- The Umbrella bar opened in the middle of the courtyard. This is a lively new hot spot in the Resort Village which is the perfect location for apre ski, drinks and a quick bite to eat.
- The new Cloud 9 / Dream Peak mountain-top restaurant is located on Dream Peak. This provides a much-needed outpost on the South side of the mountain and offers spectacular views while serving fresh salads, soups, healthy gourmet flatbreads with a culinary twist.
- The Farm adds to the culinary family at Canyons. Featuring farm to table cuisine, it is located in the heart of the Resort Village with spectacular views of both the ski beach and mountain.
- The long anticipated Mountain Golf Course has broken ground and is expected to be ready by the summer of 2014.