PARK CITY MOUNTAIN RESORT & CANYONS ARE NOW ONE
VAIL RESORTS NOW OWNS/OPERATES
THE COMBINED RESORTS
Park City is now the largest resort in the United States
If you ski multiple resorts a year this is HUGE since Canyons is now part of the EPIC pass. The Epic pass is probably one of the best ski lift pass deals in the industry. Passholders have unlimited access to 10 Western Ski resorts totaling over 28,000 acres. Details can be found at www.snow.com
Vail has invested over $50 million in Improvements to Park City Resort
- The Quicksilver Gondola now connects Canyons and Park City Mountain making history as the largest ski resort in the United States at 7,300 acres. It is the second largest in North America behind Whistler/Blackomb.
- A new on mountain restaurant called Miners Camp has been built.
- The Red Pine and Summit House restaurants have been renovated.
- Increased snow making on Iron Mountain.
- Chickane, a major trail at Canyons has been widened.
- The Motherload lift has been upgraded to a detachable high speed 4 pack.
- The King Con lift has been upgraded to a high speed 6 pack.
Prior Canyons owner, Talisker, made other improvements to the Canyons Village area.
- The gondola was moved 150 yards CLOSER to the condo. It is now right outside skier services by where the cabriolet empties into the courtyard.
- The Orange Bubble Lift was installed starting where the old gondola was located. It's orange, it's covered, the seats are heated and it increases uphill capacity by 45%.
- Iron Mountain recieved a new lift and 300 new acres of blue terrain.
- Snowmaking capacity was doubled with a new 20 million gallon reservoir! This makes chances for both early and late season skiing better.
- The terrain park was relocated off the Saddleback Express lift creating a huge 1.1 mile long park with over 50 cutting-edge features and over 9 massive jumps and a natural zone in the aspens.
- The Resort Village was redesigned by moving the gondola and eliminating a number of old buildings. This allowed the creation of a massive SKI BEACH which features sun lounges, fire pits and food kiosks.
- The Umbrella bar opened in the middle of the courtyard. This is a lively new hot spot in the Resort Village which is the perfect location for apre ski, drinks and a quick bite to eat.
- The new Cloud 9 / Dream Peak mountain-top restaurant is located on Dream Peak. This provides a much-needed outpost on the South side of the mountain and offers spectacular views while serving fresh salads, soups, healthy gourmet flatbreads with a culinary twist.
- The Farm adds to the culinary family at Canyons. Featuring farm to table cuisine, it is located in the heart of the Resort Village with spectacular views of both the ski beach and mountain.
- Construction on the long anticipated Mountain Golf Course began under Talisker. Today it is open and in full operation.